People have a lot to say about millennials. They're lazy, poor communicators, incapable of independent thought—and let's not forget entitled. In this infographic, we're melting myths about the "special snowflakes" in your office. Guess what? These "negative" traits might not be so bad.
The Horns Effect
The Horns Effect occurs when a negative trait overshadows a person’s many positive traits. See how the Horn...
When Knowledge Isn't Enough
Knowledge only explains 38% of the variance in business value. What the other 62% of performance?
What Does Faith Have to do with Performance?
A key element of performance is our Faith--what we believe about ourselves and what we believe about others (including our organization as a whole). It has a massive impact on our performance.
Coaching Sparks the Fire of High Performance
A key element of performance is our Fire. Fire is our passion and drive to do something and to do it well. While it can seem difficult to control, it has a massive impact on our performance.
Focus: The Key Lever of Performance
Focus is about what we pay attention to and how we manage inconsistency and interference that would otherwise negatively impact our performance. Choosing what we focus drives results.
Realizing the Value of a High-Impact Coaching Culture
What do successful coaching cultures look like? What coaching practices produce the most impact? Read this whitepaper to see what HR pros said about the state of coaching in their organizations.
Bridging Gen X and Millennials through Xennials
Everyone knows about Millennials, Gen Xers, and Baby Boomers. But a small subset in there is attracting attention. Xennials are a group with some particular characteristics. Learn more in this blog.
Creating a High Impact Coaching Culture
Based on first-hand research, this webinar explains the key elements of a mature coaching culture and how to effectively bring them into your organization.
The 9-to-5 Employee is Dead: How to Lead the New Breed of Worker
Remote, contract, and flextime workers are here to stay. Don't you think you should find a better way of connecting with them?
The Unintended Outcomes of Unconscious Bias in Performance Management
More than 60% of a rating is a result of manager bias, not employee performance. This e-book illustrates the most common biases and how to overcome them in your performance management.
Bias in Performance Management
61% of a manager’s rating is a reflection of the manager, not the employee. Tell us about your performance management practices to see how vulnerable your organization is to bias.
The Similarity Bias
Similarity Bias occurs when people prefer models they see as similar to their own. See how Similarity Bias can sabotage performance reviews in this video.
InsideOut Coaching is a client-tested and time-proven process that turns conversations into performance. It’s simple, flexible, and designed to produce real breakthroughs.
Building Effective Change Through a Results-Oriented Platform
70% of change programs fail. Read this article to discover 3 common pitfalls of change management initiatives and how to build an approach that works with examples from clients who’ve done it right.
The Idiosyncratic Rater Effect
61% of a manager’s rating is a reflection of the manager and their biases, not the employee they’re rating! This video illustrates why performance reviews aren’t all they’re cracked up to be.
How the Best Companies Create Sticky Training
Organizations spend $150 billion a year on training, but only 10% improves job performance long-term. Knowledge and performance are related, but they aren’t synonyms. Inspire action to make an impact.
The Evolution of Organizational Decision Making
Companies that are most effective at decision-making generated average shareholder returns nearly 6% higher than other firms. It’s an important, if overlooked, business practice.
The Recency Bias
Recency Bias occurs when people emphasize very recent events instead of looking at events over time. See how Recency Bias can sabotage performance reviews in this video.
CPR for Coaching Up
Coaching up is an important element of a true coaching culture. This model will help you tactfully initiate coaching conversations with anyone in your organization, regardless of seniority.
The Halo Effect
The Halo Effect occurs when our impression of someone is skewed by one positive trait. See how the Halo Effect can sabotage performance reviews in this video.
Navigating the 7 Cs of Good Leadership